7.11.08

Above All

Ok, last night, I was listening to my iPod and this song came up, Above All by Rebecca St. James.

I've heard this song a million times before, but one verse really stood out to me.

Rebecca talks about Jesus dying, and in the midst of everything, he "thought of me above all".

Wow.

So, let me help you realize how huge this is.

Jesus was dying the most painful death anyone could ever go through. He was tortured and beaten. All the sin from everyone in the entire world was cast upon him, blood pouring from his wounds.

And, as the sky turned to gray and the Roman soldiers were drinking wine, as the croud watched and the rain fell, as Jesus whispered his last words and breathed his last breath, he thought of me -- thought of you -- more than anything else.

Wow.

He was in so much pain and was about to die. He could have easily gotten down from the cross and lived a normal life, healed himself.
But he didn't.
He chose to save you, because he loved you more than anything else. He loved you and wanted you to be safe; he loved you more than he loved himself! He chose to suffer so you may be free, and he is eagerly awaiting the day when you go up to Heaven and fall at his feet and love him back.

Wow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's such a sweet way to put that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so incredible! If i had been dying the same death, i would just most likely be thinking how much I hated those Romans and about how much pain i was in.
    That is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. It really wasn't me; the words were right there in the Bible, I just had never thought of it that way; rather, I had always thought of how he saved everyone, but never how he saved ME, how he picked ME -- and you -- from the billions of people to ever life on the earth, and Jesus knew that by suffering he was saving me.

    ReplyDelete

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.