23.5.09

Never Covered with Shame

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are neve covered with shame. - Psalm 34:4-5

That's how I want to be. Verse 4 is very comforting -- when we seek God, he answers us and keeps us safe -- but today I want to focus on the last part, verse 5.
What does it mean to be radiant? Radiance is a bright light or glow, but what happens when radiance is found in people?
Have you ever met one of those people who just seem to shine? Whether they're attractive or not, their inner qualities seem to bubble to the surface and make you feel good. These are the people who we can learn from and grow in. Just from the simple things that person does, you can tell Christ is working through them. These people are radiant.
The truth is, no matter how ugly you think you are, you can be amazing. You can shine. You can be radiant. Deep down, it's what everyone wants. Everyone wants to live with purpose, to love and be loved, to work for a good cause.
Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Sin and shame come hand in hand. Shame is like guilt, only worse, because people can see right through it. When you feel ashamed, you're never happy. When we ditch sin and strive for holiness instead, our sinful wordly shame is lifted from us and we are radiant.
That's what I want to be like. When people see me, I want them to see a radiant servant of the Lord, a girl worthy of respect. I never want my face to be covered with shame, instead I want to be radiant because I look to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! Totally awesome :P When you asked if I've met one of those people who just seem to shine, I recall meeting a few but there really aren't all that many living around me. I want to be like that soo much and just shine and overflow with love and all the Fruit of the Spirit so that others will be like that. That would be soo amazing! And GOD can help us with that, we just have to ask Him for help. Isn't that so cool?? Jesus loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! When I think really hard on this verse, it's truly amazing! I get so fired up because we CAN be radiant and people CAN tell if we have the Holy Spirit or not -- we just have to ask God and strive to please Him.

    ReplyDelete

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.