18.1.09

Dead Cats, Starving Dogs, Lost Jobs


Everything is falling apart today. There have been things during church that have made me laugh and made me forget, but it keeps coming back, creeping into my mind. I ask for your prayers, because my family really needs it.
First, one of our cats, orange Jack, didn’t come to the barn to eat breakfast when my mom laid it out. A couple from our church drove past our house on the way and told us there was a dead cat in the rode. My dad checked, and sure enough, it was our beloved Jack. Jack’s brother, Mittens, is depressed right now and is very clingy. My sister was crying.
Second, our neighbors have this pitt bull named Honey. She has had at least two little of puppies and has tumors on her teats that could be cancerous. They feed her very little and she is emaciated to the point where her spine sticks from her skin and the rest of her body sags under it in a pitiful heap. She bites her puppies to get them away from the food that she needs. She has been hanging around our house for two days, sending my dog into a panic. I wish the owners would take care of her.
Third, this guy my dad works with was flipping through papers to see if there was anything else he could do that day before he went home. He stumbled across listings of his job and my dad’s job. That man was laid off on Friday, and my dad is going to lose his job very soon. I keep thinking about the unfairness of it all – my dad is really good at his job and does extra work when needed. This job was why we moved here. Now he’s losing his job just so the company can cheaply hire people from Mexico to do it? We are on financial lockdown – no allowance spending, no going out to eat, no treats, and I guess I’m not getting a bunny anytime soon. I don’t know how long it will last, but at least we have a heads-up right now so we can start saving before he actually does get laid off.
My parents told me that this will be a big test of faith but that it’s also a great opportunity to trust in the Lord. I’m scared, and last night, when I got the news, I cried (which is really rare), but I’m praying that God will pull us through.
Thanks for supporting me and each other in prayer.

God bless,
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you guys need prayer... know that I will be praying for you from the other side of earth here! I don't always comment, but I read your blog all the time and enjoy it very much... keep up the good work, hang in there, and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melissa,
    I know how hard this feels.
    I've been there before.
    I know exactly what it's like to lose a pet, feel so bad about another person's (I cried so hard when one of my best friend's lost his childhood dog, a Golden named Midas) and also how it feels when you don't know about your future. I will be praying for you.
    In Christ,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys.
    My dad posted his resume on some websites today, so hopefully someone will want to interview him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything went well!

    How's that pit bull?? :( That is sooo sad. You should report the neighbors for animal abuse... (I know it's been almost a year. But if it's still happening...)

    ReplyDelete

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.