Why does the world hate Christians so much? It’s hard to understand. Here are the answers to clear things up.
- Christians aren’t controlled by the media. We live by different standards. When the media dominates the world, it can change our political views, our faith (or lack thereof), our fashions, what we believe about sex, and more. Christians are people who choose not to live by the media’s standards but instead by God’s holy standards. Since we don’t have to be controlled by the media, the media doesn’t like us.
"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is what the world hates you." (John 15:19)
- Christians live for a greater purpose. We as Christians live for God. Our purpose is to glorify Him in everything we do. The world teaches us that we have no greater purpose; that we are here to seize the fleeting joys of money, sin, and sex, trampling on other people to make our way to the top, if only for a second. But is the world’s "top" really where we want to be? Because Heaven is a whole lot higher.
"If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing." –Jesus, from John 8:54
- Christians go to Heaven. This paradise is beyond anything we’ve ever imagined. Nothing is better than living with our Creator and Savior for eternity! There is no sin in Heaven, so it’s perfect. The world tells us that Heaven is just a dream. They teach us that life doesn’t get any better than this – well, Hell – we’re living, so we might as well go with the world’s flow because it’s all we have. But that’s not true! We have something more to look forward to.
"They admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. Instead, they were longing for a better country – a heavenly one." (Hebrews 11:13,16)
- Christians live for a higher authority. God is the final judge, the final king. What He says goes for us. We are to respect the laws our worldly leaders make for us, but if they contradict the laws God has made for us, we are to use God’s Word as our final authority.
- Christians can do the impossible – with God’s help! God tells us if we have enough faith, we could even move mountains if it would benefit God’s kingdom! There are countless true stories where miracles have been preformed by God’s people – that includes YOU! Jesus did tons of miracles in His life on earth. Check out Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (the Gospels) for 4 different accounts of His miraculous, world-changing, revolutionary life!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (1 Philippians 4:13)
For what other reasons does the world hate Christians? Do you think it is somehow good for us that the world hates us? Why or why not? Which is more powerful – a sinful kingdom or God’s kingdom? Feel free to post a comment telling me what your ideas are.