11.5.08

My Purpose [part 1]

I was thinking about some of my friends yesterday. Maddy has a great sense of style and organization. Morgan will probably wind up taking care of the elderly, or the very young, because she’s kind and gentle. Tiffany, my cousin, can probably beat the snot out of any boy in football, and Corey…well, he would definitely make a great actor. As I thought about this, I wondered what I was here for. What was I doing on earth, if I wasn’t serving a purpose? What was my purpose?

You might be in the same situation. We all have God-given talents and gifts. But sometimes its hard to know what those gifts are. Maybe you’re good at singing, while some of us can’t carry a tune in a bucket, and you’ll land a job as a Christian rock star, jammin’ on stage, while I’m stuck here singing in the shower.

And what about your brother, who could play in the NFL? And your sister, who’s practicing for her ballet recital? But what about you?

What do you love to do? What are you good at? Really think about this. If you were given an award for something, what would it be?

In the Comments section, jot down everything that you’re good at – everything that is a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.