11.5.08

Songwriting (Thousand Foot Krutch)

Have you tried writing poetry, or composing a song? It's a great way to organize your thoughts and get a message out to people. (And it's also a great thing to work on while singing in the shower.) When writing a poem or song, look around you. What do you see? What do you feel? What do you want people to know? What do you believe?

"I'm inspired by a lot of things I see, hear and feel that move me everywhere I go. We're traveling a lot, so I'm usually writing on airplanes or buses, or in hotel rooms. I used to go to the top of this hill in the city I grew up in that overlooked downtown. It was a great place to sit on the hood of the car and write."
Trevor McNevan, Thousand Foot Krutch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.