18.9.08

Anchor for your Soul

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, sure and strong. – Hebrews 6:19,
NCV

Have you ever seen a movie where a boat is getting pounded by a big storm? If you have, you probably know that it’s really important to have an anchor. Otherwise, the ship could drift away or even *gulp* shipwreck.

The dude who wrote Hebrews talks about a ship as a metaphor to describe our faith and the salvation of our souls. The writer gives us warnings about the dangers Christians face, then he talks about who God is: the most powerful, faithful, unchanging, and trustworthy God that we could ever imagine. (Hebrews 6:13-18)

Without God, people drift through live without any purpose, or they run straight into danger.
If you want to know where to find "an anchor for the soul, sure and strong", look to God. No matter how hard life gets, you can have hope in his faithful promises.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Although I've never been through an experience where I can't believe God has done something heart wrenching in my life, I know that moment may come soon. I'm grounding my faith now by reflecting on what He HAS given to me so I'll be ready for that time. The "calm before the storm" situation.

    ReplyDelete

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.