17.9.08

Jesus Take the Wheel

"She was driving last Friday…." So begins Carrie Underwood’s hit song "Jesus Take the Wheel". I hear it on the radio in the car. I set my iPod to "shuffle" and Underwood’s rich voice floats through the earbuds.

The whole song is a story about a woman who’s simply forgotten her faith. When her car spins out of control, she takes her hands off the steering wheel and cries:

"Jesus take the wheel; take it from my hands,
cause I can’t do this on my own.
I’m letting go. So give me one more chance.
Save me from this road I’m on….
Jesus take the wheel."

These lyrics can apply to anyone’s life. Whether your facing tough times or preparing yourself for the tough times in the future, let Jesus take the wheel of your life. When he’s in control, everything turns out just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak out. Talk with other teens right here. Let your voice be heard.